Another high protein breakfast! For all those who take part in my Action Reaction Training programmes I prescribe only Protein, Fat’s and Fibre for breakfast, as research shows that what you eat for breakfast selects which energy system you’ll predominately use for the remainder of that day (metabolic flexibility). So as an example, if you have fats for breakfast, then you’re more likely to use fat as an energy source for the rest of that day, and if you have carbohydrates for breakfast, your body will more likely use glycogen as a fuel source.
- 3 large eggs , beaten (ladies, use x2 eggs)
- 150g spinach
- 50g red onion, diced
- Slice of lemon
- Salt & pepper
- 1tsp lucy bee coconut oil
- Pre-heat an overhead grill to a medium heat.
- Steam the spinach for 2-3 mins until wilted. Remove and place spinach on top of some kitchen roll to help absorb the moisture. Transfer to a plate, squeeze over the lemon, season with salt and pepper and set aside for now.
- Heat the oil in a small non-stick pan and fry the onion for 3-5 minutes until soft.
- Add the spinach to the pan with even distribution, then pour over the eggs being sure to cover the base of the pan.
- After 1 minute on the hob, place the pan under the overhead grill to finish off the top of the frittata for 1 minute further. Enjoy.