Such a simple prawn soup that explodes with flavour! The halved red chili and kaffir limes leaves (which can be found dried in the dried herbs and spices section) are infused in a good quality fish stock and simply served with warmed ready-cooked prawns. The freshly-squeezed lime juice lifts the whole dish to a necessary sour flavour, so do not skip it.
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp lemongrass paste
- 630g good-quality warm fish stock
- 1 red chili, halved lengthways
- 3-4 dried kaffir lime leaves
- juice of 1 lime
- 280g cooked, shelled King prawns
- coriander, to garnish
- Add the garlic, ginger and lemongrass paste to a medium-size non-stick pot. Use a silicon spatula to gently stir, cooking the pastes out over low heat. After 30-45 seconds, pour in the fish stock and add the red chili and kaffir lime leaves. Bring the mixture to a gently simmer for 3 minutes, then stir in the lime juice and add the prawns.
- Allow the prawns to gently warm through for approx. 1 minute, then divide the soup between two warm bowls and serve garnished with fresh coriander leaves. Lush!