Getting a little creative with white fish, here we coated cod in reduced-fat pesto (available in all stores) and baked it on a skewer with some lovely red peppers. To finish it off, we served it on a bed of cooked, seasoned quinoa. Top the whole lot off with a generous scattering of sliced spring onions..
- 40g reduced-fat basil pesto
- 2 medium cod filets (120g each)
- 1 red pepper, trimmed and diced 1-inch
- 90g uncooked quinoa
- salt and white pepper.
- 1 spring onion, sliced to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Place the reduced-fat basil pesto in a bowl. Dice the cod into smaller chunks. Add the diced cod to the bowl and toss gently to coat in the pesto.
- Skewer the red pepper and pesto cod onto two skewers and place onto a greased baking tray. Bake in the oven for 15-18 minutes.
- In the meantime, cook the quinoa according to packet instructions. Season with salt and white pepper.
- Serve the skewer on a bed quinoa and garnish with sliced green onion.