Spice up your life with this Mexican inspired dish, good for breakfast, lunch or dinner… it’s a good all rounder and packed with Black Beans which are rich in protein, fibre and other essential nutrients such as the following all of which are packed into just 92g:
44% daily iron needs
13% Zinc needs
- 4 eggs
- 230g black beans
- 100g spinach
- 50g chorizo, chopped
- 50g cherry toms, halved
- 1tsp oregano
- ½ red chilli pepper, chopped
- Pre-heat overhead grill if electric
- In a deep non-stick pan, dry fry the chopped chorizo, and red chilli, after a few moments the chorizo will release it’s own oils to cook in. Stir for 5 mins until starting to crisp.
- Throw in the drained black beans, cherry tomatoes, oregano, and spinach, stir for a further 2 minutes to soften the tomatoes and wilt the spinach, then make x4 holes in the bean mixture for the eggs to sit in.
- Turn down the heat, crack in the eggs and leave on the hob for around 3 minutes to cook the base of the eggs before transferring to the grill to finish off cooking the top of the eggs.
- After 3-5 mins under the grill your eggs should be perfectly cooked. Plate up and serve with some black pepper and a squeeze of lemon if desired. Enjoy.