These great little protein energy bites are perfect post-workout snacks on-the-go. Spend 15 minutes once a week making a batch, and you can keep them stored in the fridge. Alternatively, make 5 times the recipe below in a large blender once a month and freeze them. They would have defrosted by the time your workout is done. Perfection!
- ½ banana
- 3 large soft, dried figs (approx. 50g)
- 2 TB whole almonds (15g)
- 2 TB ground flaxseed
- 3 TB whey protein powder
- 1 TB unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 TB desiccated coconut
- Peel and slice the banana and place in a mini food processor along with the figs, almonds, ground flaxseed, protein powder and cocoa powder.
- Blitz well, stopping and scraping down the sides of the processor halfway through. The mixture should not be too soft, else you will not be able to form balls. However, if you find that it is too stiff, add in some more of the banana.
- Remove the mixture from the processor and use a teaspoon or ice-cream scoop to form little balls (approx. 30g each). You should yield 6.
- Scatter the desiccated coconut onto a plate and roll each ball in it. Store covered in the fridge or freezer.