A simple, well-balanced lunchtime salad that can be made ahead of time. We used ‘mixed seed’ quinoa (red, black and white seeds) which offer an earthier flavour and retains a slight crunch. Use a good quality soy sauce and simply top with all your favourites!
- 90g uncooked mixed seed quinoa
- 4 medium eggs
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 4 large mint leaves, finely chopped
- handful flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 TB Kikkoman soy sauce
- 100g cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ large avocado, sliced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Bring 300ml water to the boil and add the mixed seeds quinoa, cooking over a moderate heat until all the water has evaporated. Set aside to cool. In the meantime, boil the eggs to your liking, peel and set aside.
- Once the quinoa has cooled, stir in the olive oil and the finely chopped mint and parsley. Stir in the soy sauce and divide the mixture between two bowls (or lunchboxes).
- Add halved cherry tomatoes, the eggs and the sliced avocado. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. (If you are making this ahead of time, squeeze a little lemon juice on the sliced avocado to prevent discolouration.)