Egg and dairy-free, these moreish muffins offer just the right amount of sweetness to satisfy you in the mornings. The best things about these muffins is that they freeze well and can simply be popped into the microwave for 1-2 minutes and brought back to life! At only 0.9g saturated fat and 6g sugars per muffin, these little high-fibre beauties hit 200kCal per muffin on the dot! Go on then, have 2…
- 2 TB ground flaxseeds
- ½ large apple, diced very small, 1mm
- 1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 ¼ cups almond flour
- ¼ cup raw rolled oats
- 1 TB baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1 tsp Stevia
- 2 TB unrefined brown sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 TB vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Combine the ground flaxseed with six tablespoons water in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the finely diced apple with half a teaspoon of the ground cinnamon. Set aside.
- Prepare the dry ingredients by mixing the whole wheat flour, almond flour, raw oats, baking powder, salt, Stevia and sugar. Add the remaining cinnamon (one teaspoon) to this mixture too. In a separate bowl, whisk together the almond milk, vanilla essence, oil and the flaxseed mixture. Add this wet milk mixture to the flour mixture and combine well. Fold in the diced cinnamon apples until evenly distributed.
- Spoon the muffin mixture into a greased standard-sized muffin tin. You will only have enough to fill 10 spaces. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until a knife or cake tester inserted into a baked muffin comes out clean.
- Remove the muffins using a spoon and allow to cool on a cooling rack, or even better – eat them warm!