Full of fibre and goodness, this veggie bowl is something super-simple for meat-free Mondays. The caramelisation of the vegetables is key to this dish, as is the full-flavoured sesame oil drizzled over at the end. We then topped with a perfectly boiled egg. What’s not to love?
- 2 large eggs
- 1 TB flaked almonds
- 2 TB olive oil
- 250g cauliflower florets, blitzed to ‘rice’
- small handful chopped parsley or coriander
- 1 large courgette
- ½ red pepper, diced 1-inch
- ½ green pepper, diced 1-inch
- ½ yellow pepper, diced 1-inch
- 100g mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 2 tsp sesame oil, to finish
- 1 spring onion, sliced to garnish
- Get the eggs in a pan of simmering water and cook to your liking. Once done, peel and set aside to keep warm.
- Toast the almonds in a hot, dry pan until golden. Remove and set aside.
- Heat the one tablespoon olive oil in the same pan and tip in the blitzed cauliflower. Cook stirring regularly until no longer raw. Season with salt and stir in the chopped parsley or coriander. Set aside to keep warm.
- Wipe the pan clean and heat the second tablespoon olive oil. Stir-fry the remaining vegetables over high heat until caramelised. They will cook at different times, so we suggest you add them to the pan in the order in which they are listed above, leaving 30 seconds in between each addition. You can also choose to fry them all separately, keeping the cooked veg warm while you fry each batch.
- To serve, divide the cauliflower rice between two warm bowls and add the vegetables. Drizzle sesame oil over each bowl to bring all the flavours together and serve with the boiled eggs.
- Garnish with sliced spring onion and the toasted almonds for a deliciously subtle crunch.