This is a fantastic meal (breakfast, lunch or as a light dinner) using easily available ingredients – and its suitable for vegetarians! I used two small-medium fluted tart tins (as pictured), but one tart tin would do the job just fine. (Be please be sure to use a tray under the baking tins as the mixture sometimes bubble over!)
- 4 large eggs
- 2 egg whites
- salt and white pepper
- 1 TB olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 50g baby spinach
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 40g reduced-fat feta cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Whisk the eggs and egg whites in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and add the garlic, cooking until softened over moderate heat. Add the spinach and cook (stirring continuously) until the spinach has wilted completely. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Grease the tart tin(s) you are using and pour in the whisked egg. Add in the spinach mix and halved tomatoes. Crumble the feta over the mixture. Place the tins(s) onto a tray (because the mixture may cook over) and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes (or until the eggs are cooked through.)
- Remove from the tins and enjoy as is, or alongside a salad. Delicious with a hot sauce!