Here is a great way to breathe some tasty life into under-inspiring chicken breasts! We made a delicious stuffing and created little pockets in the breasts before baking to perfection…
- 1 TB olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts, skinless and deboned
- 75g baby spinach
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 50g low-fat feta cheese, crumbled
- 30g sun-dried tomatoes, drained and diced small
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan and brown the chicken breasts on both sides until golden and caramelised. Remove the chicken from the pan using tongs and set aside on a raw meat preparation board (as the chicken is still not cooked through at this point).
- Add the spinach and garlic powder to the same pan and cook stirring continuously until the spinach completely wilts. Add the crumbled feta, finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes and mix until the cheese has melted. Remove the pan from the heat and season with freshly ground black pepper (it’s unlikely you will need to season with salt, as the feta is salty enough).
- Back to your chicken breasts which should be cool enough to handle now, place your hand firmly on top of each one and use a sharp knife to carefully make a deep incision in the side, creating an open pocket, much like a pita. (You will notice that the chicken is still completely raw on the inside which is why we finish the cooking in the oven.)
- Spoon all the spinach stuffing mixture into each chicken pocket. Place the stuffed chicken onto a baking tray and bake in the oven for approximately 15-18 minutes.
- Enjoy with a lovely fresh side salad.