Jazz up your weekend breakfast with this spicy scramble. These eggs include a combination of red and green peppers which are cooked until they are completely soft before the eggs are added to the pan and scrambled as normal.
- 2 tsp chili oil
- 1 red pepper, seeds removed and cut into thin strips
- 1 green pepper, seeds removed and cut into thin strips
- 2 tsp harissa paste
- 4 large eggs
- 2 TB skimmed milk (optional)
- generous pinch ground coriander
- generous pinch ground turmeric
- salt and white pepper
- chives, snipped to garnish
- Heat the chili oil in a non-stick pan and gently fry the red and green peppers over a low heat until completely softened and cooked through, adding the harissa paste towards the end.
- In the meantime, whisk the eggs in a jug along with the milk, coriander, turmeric. Season with salt and white pepper.
- Add the whisked eggs to the pan and cook, stirring continuously with a silicon spatula until the eggs have scrambled. (Do not be tempted to increase the temperature – just before you think they are done, remove them from the heat and continue to stir, as they will continue to cook off the heat).
- Serve garnished with snipped chives and add more salt and pepper, if desired.