Fresh basil-infused oil dresses this lovely salad of freshly cooked prawns and avocado. A simple and elegant dish for lunch or supper.
- generous handful basil leaves
- olive oil
- 1 lemon, halved
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 240g raw King prawns, shelled and heads removed
- 2 cups mixed salad leaves
- ½ avocado, peeled and sliced
- Tear the basil leaves into smaller pieces and crush along with the two tablespoons of olive oil using a pestle and mortar. Season with a squeeze of lemon, salt and freshly ground black pepper. Set aside.
- Heat one teaspoon olive oil in a pan and cook the prawns until they turn pink and are cooked through. Add a squeeze of lemon juice generously to the pan, stir well to coat the prawns then remove the pan from the heat. Season the prawns with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve the prawns on top of a salad made from mixed salad leaves and sliced avocado and use the basil dressing to dress the salad.