Sometimes you want to give eggs a skip at breakfast time, and this is a great way to enjoy the best parts of a fry-up, except in a lean way. If you are cooking for your partner, double up the ingredients and present it fancy! A good tip to remember: Pop the porkies in the freezer for 20 minutes before slicing them, making the process easier.
- 2 reduced-fat pork sausages
- 4 mushrooms
- ¼ red onion
- 1 TB olive oil
- 1 TB soy sauce
- chopped herbs, to garnish
- small tomato, sliced to serve alongside (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F / 180°C.
- Slice the sausages into 3 or 4 pieces and skewer onto the kebab stick, alternating with mushrooms and pieces of red onion.
- Whisk the olive oil and soya sauce together and baste the kebabs. Bake in the oven for 20 min, turning after 10 minutes and basting with remaining marinade.
- Serve immediately garnished with freshly chopped parsley and a sliced tomato on the side