It’s all about balance, right? While we wouldn’t encourage bagels-for-breakfast on a regular basis, there is no reason why you can’t compromise and share one bagel between two people post-workout. Ensuring its topped with healthy toppings, this is sure to be a weekend treat for you and your loved one. Do not be intimidated by the fancy end-result – barely any work goes into the assembly and it can be done in less time it takes to boil an egg!
- 1 white bagel (average-size)
- 2 TB reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 tsp dill, finely chopped, plus additional fronds to garnish
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- ½ avocado, sliced
- 100g smoked salmon
- 10g red onion, finely sliced
- 1 tsp capers
- sea salt flakes
- freshly cracked black pepper
- Preheat the oven to maximum grill. Halve the bagel and place under the grill to toast. Remove and set aside.
- In the meantime, combine the reduced fat cream cheese with the finely chopped dill. Squeeze the juice from one lemon wedge, season and mix well to combine.
- Spread the dill cream cheese onto each bagel half and arrange the slices of avocado on top. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Divide the pieces of smoked salmon onto each avocado-topped bagel and scatter over the red onion and capers.
- Finish with additional fronds of dill to garnish and another generous crack of black pepper. Serve with lemon wedges.