A great snack for a healthy protein hit. These little bites are delicious chilled and on the go. I’ve made them with a high quality ham but if you preferred you could swap this out with any meat of your liking – cubed chicken breast or flaked salmon.
- ½ cup uncooked quinoa
- ½ medium courgette, shredded(150g)
- ½ red onion, finely diced (100g)
- 1 handful spinach, finely chopped (50g)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 200g feta, finely diced
- 120g good quality ham, finely diced (alternatively use diced chicken breast or flaked/smoked salmon)
- salt and pepper
- Boil the quinoa for around 15-20 mins until cooked through then leave to cool. Be careful to not over cook, quinoa works best when there is still some ‘bite’ to it.
- Pre-heat over to 180°c fan / 200°c electric / gas mark 6
- In a large bowl mix together all the ingredients and season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon mixture into fairy cake paper cases and bake for 15 mins or until golden and crispy on top. Enjoy.