Pork is a relatively lean meat and if cooked incorrectly, can dry out. This method ensures the pork is cooked to perfection. The accompanying sauce takes a minute or two to throw together and finishes the dish perfectly. Serve with your choice of salad or vegetables.
- 1 TB olive oil
- 350g Athleat pork fillet, fat and sinew removed
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 TB balsamic vinegar
- 1 TB maple syrup
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- chives, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 210°C.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan and brown the pork tenderloin fillet on all sides. Remove from the pan and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Transfer the pork to a roasting tray and place in the oven for 10 minutes to cook through. Remove and allow to rest.
- While the pork is resting, heat the balsamic vinegar, maple syrup and Dijon mustard in a small pan. Cook until the mixture bubbles and reduces to a thick glaze.
- Slice the pork and drizzle over the glaze. Garnish with snipped chives.