Packed with goodness, this simple salad is perfect to take to the office this January. Just ensure you keep the dressing in a separate container and add to the salad just before serving. If you aren’t keen on giving up meat, add some lean chicken or tuna..
- 50g frozen corn
- 1 tin mixed beans
- 2 TB olive oil
- ½ TB white wine vinegar
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 baby gem lettuce, trimmed and leaves separated
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ large avocado
- small handful parsley, chopped to garnish
- Bring a small pan of water to the boil and add the frozen corn. Cook for 4-5 minutes, then drain well. Set aside to cool.
- Empty the contents of the tinned beans into a strainer or colander and rinse well to remove any excess starchy tin ‘juice’.
- Make the dressing by whisking the olive oil, white wine vinegar and Dijon mustard together in a small bowl or ramekin. Season the dressing with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Arrange the baby gem lettuce leaves onto the plates and arrange the cherry tomatoes, drained corn and drained mixed beans on the salad. Top with the avocado.
- Drizzle the dressing generously over the salads and garnish with chopped parsley.