Although lamb is known for being a ‘fatty’ meat, don’t eliminate it from your diet as it’s worth noting that around half the fat in lamb meat is unsaturated fat which is commonly found in the healthy Mediterranean-style diet. Not to mention all the iron, zinc and B vitamins that it contains, so don’t miss out on this tasty dish.
- 180g lamb chops
- 150g spring greens
- 70g asparagus
- 30g feta, cubed
- 1 wedge lemon
- 1 tbsp greek yogurt
- 1 tsp mint sauce
- handful fresh mint leaves
- salt & pepper
- Preheat grill to a medium high heat if electric, season lamb chops with salt & pepper then grill for around 17-20 mins turning frequently. 17-20 mins for medium sized chops weighing around 90g each. Cook longer for thicker larger chops.
- Meanwhile slice the asparagus lengthways, drizzle with oil and either grill for 5 mins in a griddle pan or place under the grill with chops towards the end of the chops cooking time.
- Slice up the spring greens and mint leaves, then steam for around 3 mins until wilted, transfer to some kitchen roll to soak up any excess water, then place into a bowl and toss with a good squeeze of lemon juice and seasoning.
- To make the sauce just mix together the greek yogurt and mint sauce, then serve with the lamb chops on top of a bed of lemony greens and asparagus, with feta sprinkled over the whole dish. Enjoy.