Delicious, creamy curry… perfect for winter evenings. We used ATHLEAT‘s beef meatballs, pictured here – but you can shape your own lean beef meatballs. Simply combine a teaspoon each of garlic and onion powders to 300g extra-lean beef mince. Season with salt and pepper, then divide into 8 ping-pong sized balls and follow the recipe the same. *Macros are calculated assuming the latter.
- 1 TB olive oil
- 8 x ATHLEAT beef meatballs
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 courgettes, sliced
- 1 ½ TB medium curry powder
- ½ can lite coconut milk
- pinch sugar
- coriander, to garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a large, deep non-stick pan and fry the meatballs until golden and caramelised. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Using the same pan, gently cook the onions and garlic in the remaining oil and rendered fat, so you need not add any more oil. Cook on a low heat until they have completely softened and started caramelising.
- Add the courgettes and the curry powder and cook for a few more minutes, then tip in the coconut milk. At this point, you can return the meatballs to the pan.
- Add a pinch of sugar and simmer on low heat until the coconut milk reduces to a thick, creamy, glorious consistency.
- Serve over any starch of your choice, but we suggest cooked cauliflower rice as a lean, low-carb option. Garnish with coriander and enjoy!