A quick and easy mid-week dinner featuring chicken breasts and lovely green beans. The lemon and fresh thyme brings the whole lot together nicely…
- 1 TB olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts, skinless and deboned
- 160g green beans, trimmed
- 1 lemon
- 1 cup hot chicken stock
- fresh thyme leaves, to garnish
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and fry the chicken breasts until golden on the outside. Season with salt and set aside.
- Spread the green beans out in a small roasting tray and cover with the hot stock. Halve the lemon and squeeze over the juice of on half (catch the pips!). Slice the remaining lemon half into slices and place the few slices over the green beans. Add the chicken to the dish and nestle down between the green beans allowing the stock to come up about halfway up the chicken.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the chicken has cooked through and the green beans are cooked – but still retain a reasonable ‘bite’.
- Drain off the chicken stock and scatter over the fresh thyme leaves over the chicken before serving.