Lamb koftas, particularly those from ATHLEAT are packed with flavour and are just the right size to add to a salad spread such as this. A minty and zingy crème fraiche offers a refreshing and cooling balance to the spicy flavours of the kofta.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 x ATHLEAT lamb kofta
- 100g reduced fat crème fraiche
- large handful mint leaves, finely chopped
- squeeze lemon juice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- ¼ red onion, finely sliced
- 100g cooked mixed quinoa
- lemon wedges, to serve
- Heat one teaspoon olive oil in a large griddle pan and grill the koftas over medium-high heat until browned and cooked through. Remove and place in a warm oven.
- Combine the crème fraiche and finely chopped mint in a small bowl and season with lemon juice, salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Divide the prepped cucumber, tomatoes, red onion and cooked quinoa (warm or cold) between two bowls or plates and place the cooked kofta on each. Serve with the minty crème fraiche and lemon wedges which should be generously squeezed over the dish.