A fast, simple, posh vegetable stack that the vegetarians will love! Just be sure to source the vegetarian pesto which uses an alternative to Parmesan. Alternatively, stir harissa paste into the yogurt to make an equally delicious light meal / lunch!
- 1 medium aubergine, sliced
- 2 large black mushrooms
- 1 large beef tomato, sliced
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 TB olive oil
- 2 TB basil pesto
- 100g fat-free plain yogurt
- handful lettuce
- handful rocket
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Salt the sliced aubergines and place in a colander for 20 minutes. Pat dry and place on a large roasting tray along with the mushrooms and sliced tomato. Scatter over the dried thyme over the drizzle the olive oil evenly over.
- Bake for 20 minutes, ensuring the aubergines are cooked through.
- In the meantime, make the dressing by simply combining the pesto with the yogurt.
- To serve, generously season the grilled vegetables and assemble into a ‘stack’ over lettuce and rocket. Drizzle over the pesto dressing.