This is a lovely fresh idea to use up frozen cod fillets sitting in your freezer, or that half-packet of quinoa staring at you from the pantry. Add a few fresh ingredients and you have yourself a tasty, healthy dish in less than 20 minutes.
- 2 x 120g skinless cod fillets
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 65g quinoa
- 1 TB miso paste
- ½ large avocado, diced
- juice of 1 lime
- small handful coriander
- freshly ground black pepper
- 120g cherry tomatoes, halved
- chopped coriander, extra to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 355°F.
- Place the cod fillets onto a greased baking sheet and season with salt. Brush with a little olive oil and bake in the preheated oven for approximately 15 minutes until flaky and done. (If you are cooking the fish from frozen, you may have to increase the time to 20 minutes.)
- In the meantime, cook the quinoa according to packet instructions. Just before all the water has evaporated from the pan, stir in the miso paste and continue to cook the quinoa until done. Taste to season and set aside to keep warm.
- Place the avocado, lime juice and coriander into a mini food processor and blitz well. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve the warm quinoa topped with the grilled fish and cherry tomatoes. Spoon the avocado sauce over and season the dish with salt and freshly ground black pepper before garnishing with additional coriander – and tucking in!