What could be simpler than a fruit salad with yogurt and nuts? It may seem a little uninspiring, but the key is to make sure you are getting the right amounts of each. Select an exotic mix of fruit and make sure the yogurt is fat-free. Play around with different chopped nuts and dried fruit, and you have the perfect crunchy topping. It’s such a sweet deal, you may not even need the honey drizzled at the end.
- 280g mixed fruit, diced (70g of each mango, melon, grapes, kiwi)
- 50g fat-free plain yogurt
- 2 TB mixed nuts, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp dried cranberries, roughly chopped
- honey or maple syrup, to drizzle (optional)
- Simply divide the fruit salad evenly between two breakfast bowls. Top with a dollop of plain yogurt and scatter over the nuts and cranberries.
- Drizzle with honey or maple syrup, if desired.