Perfect for summer! This is an excellent vegetarian lunchbox salad bursting with fresh flavours that get better the longer it stands. If you are missing the protein, add some cooked shredded lean chicken for a complete and filling meal. Macros provided for both versions below.
- 45g carrot, peeled and cut into matchsticks (trimmed weight)
- 200g thinly sliced red cabbage
- ½ fresh mango, peeled and diced small
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 1 red chili, seeds removed and finely sliced
- small handful coriander, finely chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- ½ TB roasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 2 cooked, medium skinless and deboned chicken breasts (optional)
- Combine the carrot, red cabbage, mango, spring onions, chili and coriander in a large bowl. Drizzle over lime juice and roasted sesame oil and one teaspoon fish sauce and toss well to combine to ensure the salad is evenly coated in the lovely dressing. If you feel it needs more saltiness, add a little more fish sauce and mix well.
- Enjoy as is (or add cooked chicken that has been shredded and mixed in). Divide between two bowls and enjoy!