We are enjoying a bowl of warm, tasty soup before Spring rears its head… This one is packed with flavour and happens to be vegan too! IF you love the idea of this soup, but need to add meat, stir in some lean, cooked chicken pieces at the end to make it a little more to your liking…
- 1 TB olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 450g sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 red chili, seeds removed and chopped
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 450g frozen corn
- salt and lime juice, to season
- coriander, to garnish
- Heat the olive in a large pan over moderate heat and cook the onion until completely softened and partially caramelised. Add the cumin and ginger and stir well to cook out the spices. Add the sweet potato, red pepper, chili and the vegetable stock.
- Set aside a small amount of frozen corn to the side to use as garnish and add the rest to the pan. Cover and cook until the sweet potato has softened, approx. 15-12 minutes. *Place the reserved frozen corn in a small bowl with boiling water.
- Use a hand blender to partially blitz the soup once the sweet potatoes have cooked through and season the soup with salt and lime juice. Divide the soup between four warm bowls and garnish with the reserved corn kernels and chopped coriander.