A great healthy snack if you are feeling peckish, desiccated coconut is simply coconut meat that has been grated and dried. It contains no cholesterol or trans fats while being rich in a number of essential nutrients, including dietary fiber, manganese, copper and selenium, however it does contain high amounts of saturated fat so as with most things, consume it in moderation.
- 250 g chicken breast, sliced into strips
- 40g desiccated coconut
- zest of 1 lime
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 180°c fan / 200°c electric / gas mark 6
- Melt the tsp of coconut oil into a large baking tray ready to receive the chicken strips.
- Mix together the lime zest, desiccated coconut and dried chilli flakes with some salt and pepper.
- Beat the egg in a separate bowl, dip the chicken strips into the egg, followed by the coconut mix, coat each chicken strip well then place on the baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 15 mins or until cooked through, serve with some Greek yogurt and a drizzle of lime for dipping if desired.