A deeply-flavoured, delicious chicken salad which requires a bit of complicated prep – but it will be worth it in the end!
- 2 x ATHLEAT skinless, deboned chicken breasts
- large handful flat leaf parsley leaves (15g)
- large handful coriander leaves (10g)
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3 TB lemon juice
- 2 TB olive oil
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 100g mixed quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 tomato, sliced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- zest of ½ lemon zest
- Place the chicken breasts between two sheets of parchment paper and pound with a mallet until thinner (but even in thickness).
- Place the parsley, coriander, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil and cumin into a mini food processor and blitz well.
- Cover the chicken with this marinade and place in the fridge overnight.
- When ready to cook, preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Place a long piece of foil into a roasting tray and place the marinated chicken on top. Close the foil in on itself creating a secure ‘parcel’. Bake in the oven for 20-25 min.
- In the meantime, cook the quinoa according to packet instructions.
- Assemble the salad by plating up the cooked quinoa, baby spinach leaves and sliced tomato.
- When the chicken is done, carefully remove from the foil parcel and slice into thinner strips. Add the chicken to the salad (drizzling over any chicken / marinade juices from the foil parcel) and finely grate over lemon zest. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.