Something fun to do with turkey mince! We shaped ours into patties and enjoyed them as bunless burgers topped with a dollop of delicious harissa mayo. We sliced the courgettes into thin ribbons and griddled them until charred. You won’t prepare courgettes any other way after doing them this way…
- 370g Athleat free-range turkey mince
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- olive oil
- 3 large courgettes, very thinly sliced
- sea salt flakes
- 50g roasted red pepper from a jar, sliced into strips
- 2 TB mayonnaise
- 2 TSP harissa paste
- round lettuce leaves, optional
- Preheat the oven to 320°F / 160°C.
- Season the turkey mince with salt and freshly black pepper and divide into two batches. Form each batch into two large burger patties.
- Heat one tablespoon olive oil in a pan and grill the patties on both sides until golden. Place onto an oven tray and finish the cooking in the oven for about 15 minutes to cook through sufficiently.
- In the meantime, brush a small amount of olive oil on a griddle pan and grill the courgette ribbons until visibly charred on both sides. Set aside to drain on a tray lined with kitchen paper to absorb excess grease and season with sea salt flakes.
- Mix the mayonnaise and harissa paste in a small bowl and spread over the turkey burgers. Serve with the griddled courgette ribbons and strips of roasted red pepper.