Weights, Weights, Weights…
There is a preconception out there amongst some women that weight training is reserved for men only and that cardio is the best way for women to keep fit, trim and healthy, which couldn’t be further from the truth!
Weight training is the missing secret ingredient to building a firmer, stronger and more sculpted body that cardio will never be able to achieve.
Research amongst women in training with the aim to lose body fat show that those who focus on aerobic exercise only, lose body fat and muscle, whereas those who incorporate weight training into their regime lose only fat, retaining their muscle definition which not only tightens up the body and improves your reflection in the mirror, but makes it less likely that you will gain back the fat that you lost.
Will weight training make me look too muscular?
Simply put – NO. Women have low levels of the hormone testosterone, which is needed to build large muscles, therefore it’s very unlikely that most women will gain any significant size from lifting weights.
By lifting weights you will:
- Lose body fat – Strength training actually burns more body fat than cardio. Strength training continues to burn fat after you’ve finished working out, and certain programs can even increase your metabolism for up to 48 hours.
- Be physically stronger – You will experience a substantial increase in your strength from weight training. It will not only help you create a better physique, but you’ll also notice the difference in your everyday life with physical activity.
- Help prevent injury – Weight training increases your tendons and ligament strength as well as increasing bone density (best defense against osteoporosis), decreasing your chance, or risk of injury.
- Reduce overall health risks – One of the lesser-known benefits of resistance training is that it positively impacts your health in particular with how it helps the body process sugar. When combined with an effective diet this will lessen the risk of type 2 diabetes.
And finally but most importantly:
- You’ll be happier and less stressed – Weight training has the power to induce pleasure by releasing endorphins, the “feel-good” chemical in your brain. Helping to reduce levels of the stress hormone cortisol, relieving feelings of anxiety and agitation.
So ladies, why don’t you ditch the endless boring cardio and give weight training a go. My 12 week programme for women teaches you how to train with weights, safely and effectively, so please visit http://action-reaction-training.com/12-week-plan/body-for-women/ for more information.
If you have any questions about the plan then drop me an email, I will always respond to you: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively visit the WEBSITE for more details.
“I honestly couldn’t recommend this programme enough, it has completely changed my day-to-day life and overall happiness.” HOLLIE
“Best purchase of my entire life. I’m so happy with the physical results, but I’m even more happy about the way I feel mentally.” JUDE
Visit www.action-reaction-training.com to sign up to the 12 week body transformation programme.
Follow me on